I buy bananas all the time because they're so cheap and, unlike exotic fruits, they're available all year round. I usually eat some by themselves and freeze the rest for smoothies (mango + banana + soy milk = so good!). But every once in a while I like to bake banana bread for breakfast or a snack. Usually recipes call for greasing the pan and flouring it first, but since I didn't have butter I lined the pan with parchment paper instead. I think this is actually a better way of baking because you're guaranteed the bread would not stick to the pan and therefore come out beautifully. Not to mention clean up is a lot easier!
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- Mix the bananas, sugar, vanilla, eggs and oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients and add to the banana mixture.
- Pour the batter into a parchment paper-lined pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.