7.13.2010

Greek Yogurt with Honey, Dates, and Nuts


I usually eat savory breakfast with eggs. But when I'm not in the mood and don't have time to bake, I often opt for Greek yogurt. I've tried a few other brands, but Fage is the best in my opinion. It's all natural and has a very thick, creamy texture.

To the yogurt, I added honey and chopped dates for sweetness and toasted pine nuts for crunchiness and nutty flavor. Because pine nuts have a high fat content, you don't need to use oil when toasting them. Pine nuts tend to go rancid fairly quickly, so make sure to store them in the freezer. I used pine nuts, but you can pretty much use any type of nuts you have in your pantry. Candied nuts are great too.


Ingredients:
1 7-oz Greek yogurt
3 dried date, chopped
1-2 tbsp honey
1-2 tbsp nuts (i.e., pecans, walnuts, pine nuts, almonds)

Directions:
- Toast the nuts in a single layer in a pan over medium heat.
- Shake the pan regularly to ensure even browning.
- When the nuts are lightly browned, turn off the heat and let them cool.
- Assemble all the ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment