Roasted Vegetables with Cheese
This is one of the first recipes that my mom taught me when I was in college. It's easy, fast, and healthy. I used eggplant, zucchini and red bell pepper, but you can also use other vegetables such as yellow squash and red onion. Make sure all the diced pieces are about the same size, so that they'll cook evenly. Adding 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary or basil also enhances the flavor of this dish. Leftover makes a great filling for an omelette or a frittata.
1 eggplant, cubed
1 zucchini, cubed
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
3 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp crumbled cheese (i.e., blue cheese, feta)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat the vegetables with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables evenly on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.